This blog is about to be a real interesting one. I’m taking a moment to address an issue that I feel will help both men and women seek the Lord in a more pure way. I came across a verse about half of a year ago and it never left me. In this verse it addresses an issue that I know that all of us men can attest that we stumble when this issue isn’t addressed properly. Before I go any further I want to just ask the Lord to come into the heart of each reader and allow them to feel the love that is coming through this blog and that there are no bitter feelings, no feelings of disgust. I ask lord that they understand that this is just one man’s, one brother’s perspective on a topic that has caused me a lot of separation from God in my life. Ladies, this blog is directed toward you.
“3Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. 4Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight. 5For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to make themselves beautiful.”
Now I know that in the context of this passage Peter is addressing how wives should act in accordance to their submission in their marriage relationship. However, I feel that God uses this passage to speak to a much wider audience, not just to married women of the church. Verse 3 is talking about what clothes Peter thinks women shouldn’t wear. Reading these descriptions, a reader could easily think that a woman not braiding her hair, not wearing jewelry, and not wearing fine clothes in a little rash of a claim to make when it comes to following Christ. It’s important to remember that this is the Living Word of God. The attire Peter is describing is that of what prostitutes wore back in his time. Prostitutes were easy to pick out! Know why? They wore “ braided hair”, “gold jewelry”, and “fine clothes”.
These women were obsessed with looking amazing on the outside! Sisters, hear me out on this one. There are some of you that look just like the girls of this world. It truly breaks my heart. There are so many times that I hear stories of sisters in Christ that talk about how they meet a guy and he is a really nice guy and in the end he turns out to be like every other guy they have encountered. I have a theory on why that is. Sometime this can be easily averted.
DON'T DRESS LIKE THE WORLD!
Just because America’s Next Top Model says that something is cute, sexy, gorgeous, or amazing looking; doesn’t always mean it’s the Godly thing to wear.
“…20But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ…”PHILIPPIANS 3:20
Sisters, if you were sent to a foreign country and were told to be an ambassador for the USA, would you wear things that were like everyone else in the area? Or would you where things that showed you were a highly respected American woman? Of course you would dress the way in a highly respected way because you love being an American woman! Christian women of the first century didn’t wear or dress like this because they were too busy selling their “gold jewelry”, and “fine clothes” so that other brother and sisters in Christ could be blessed!
You see as Godly men, we need you to care! We need you to drench yourself with verses 4 and 5! I love all of you sisters reading this blog, but I know that the men in this body of Christ need your help. I’m tired of hearing stories of how my brothers are stumbling because of what our sister arrive at places in. Sisters, I want you to understand that there are just as many times that we as men need to mature about our clothing too! This blog is focused on the women because Satan wants to Prostitute you to the world rather than you becoming the pure righteous bride of Christ. So women, take pride in the blessing we share, our salvation. Take pride in the beauty of knowing Christ and His love. Take pride in knowing that you are of a greater kingdom! And be encouraged, that as men of Jesus himself, we are here to walk a long side of you and spur you on to an all consuming relationship with our Lord!
I love you all very much! God bless you and let us walk humbly with Christ today!
No comments:
Post a Comment