So the other day I decided to go back through my Rocky DVD Set and watch them all again. I got to about Rocky 3 and didn’t have time to finish it yet. It’s funny how God moves and uses things you’d never think of. I was sitting with some friends talking about dying to the flesh and God spoke to me about something. In Rocky 3, if you can remember, Apollo decides he is going to train Rocky for his next fight with Mr. T. He takes Rocky back to his old gym and when he walks in the place he says something that struck me. he said, “Rocky, you see that look in their eyes. They’re hungry, Rock. That’s that look you had when you fought me. That’s the look we need to get back. That’s the eye of the tiger.” You see what I’m getting at here? There are people who are reading this blog today who have lost that Hunger, like Rocky did. That will to fight the fight.
Some of us need to ask god
To help us get back our
Spiritual eye of the tiger!
Get this, God’s Word says something amazing about this. Check it out!
“6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.” MATTHEW 5:6
Did you catch that? When we Hunger for righteousness, we will be filled! When you ask God for that Eye Of The Tiger, JESUS WILL GIVE IT TO YOU AND FILL YOU WITH HIS HOLY SPIRIT! Think about that for a moment. We will be filled with His righteousness if we are truly hungry for it! WE WILL BE FILLED! I know there are some today that ask, “Bryan I want that, but I don’t know what steps to take. I don’t know what that looks like.” Let me show you something else.
“8 Or suppose a woman has ten silver coins and loses one. Doesn’t she light a lamp, sweep the house and search carefully until she finds it? 9 And when she finds it, she calls her friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost coin.” LUKE 7:8-9
This woman had ten coins. She lost one. Sounds kind of odd huh? She doesn’t want just Parts of her walk with the Lord, she wants every single bit of it! What does she do to get that, She does whatever it takes to find that coin. She does all she can in that moment to find it. Guess what? She finds it and SHE REJOICES AND SHARES IT WITH EVERYONE! She had that Spiritual Eye of the Tiger, and she found what was lost.
Let me challenge you today, if you have never realized the value of Christ in your life, take this moment to seek him with a sincere heart and you WILL find Him. If you have once had the Hunger for him, ask God to take you back to Your Spiritual roots and ask for that Eye Of The Tiger, that Hunger for righteousness! Today is the day that you don’t sit back and let The Kingdom pass you by!
I love you Beloved
Excellent Bryan, Thanks for the reminder of where we should be. I am challanged.
ReplyDeleteNo problem Dear Brother. Be blessed!
ReplyDelete