I simply Love the book of Philippians. It’s quite small but so rich. Today I want to focus on something that God has been driving into my heart. I was talking with my blessing of a girlfriend the other night about Philippians 3 and we stumbled upon something that has been sticking with me.
“20 But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ…” PHILIPPIANS 3:20
Now most time I’ve heard this verse talked about it is brought into light in the setting that we are under a bigger authority and we are living in a higher kingdom. I totally agree. I want to, however, look at the latter part of the verse and pose a question God has been posing to me!
Notice that we have citizenship in Heaven! That’s easy enough to tell, but look what come after. We are told that as Christians that we Eagerly await for a savior. Dictionary.com states that EAGER means to have an impatient longing for something. God asked me, “Bryan do you have an Impatient Longing for my Son?” The great thing about it is that longing gets filled when we surrender our will to Christ’s!
Now pay attention to this next point. The verse says that that savior we long for is from THERE. From Heaven. God beat me up the other day. How many times do we seek a savior from this earth? To some it may be Alcohol. Some it may be Cocaine or Marijuana. To some it may be Sex. And still to others it may Attention. Whatever it is, we as people seek an earthly Savior. My savior of choice used to be Alcohol and Sex. These things however never really help.
Instead of saving us,
They enslave us!
We have to start having the right focus! Christ is the Aim. Let us seek our Heavenly Savior and stop taking his name in Vain with our lives!
Lord Jesus I pray that you enter the heart of the reader and that you break their strongholds, there chains of bondage. Help them to seek you their HEAVENLY SAVIOR! Were your Holy Spirit is, there is freedom. We love you Lord. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen
God bless you Beloved
No comments:
Post a Comment