Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Dependable God

So it just so happens I have to write this post on a different computer than my own. That’s right, my computer has a virus! If you know anything about me, you know that for the past year my computer has caused me a lot of stress. I’m not here to start a debate about if Windows or a Mac is better, but I will say that my computer can be very unreliable at times. In fact so can all types of technology, all people, and basically anything of this world. Then God reminded me of something. He is always faithful and always with us as his Children.


“9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.” JOSHUA 1:9


“These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world.” JOHN 16:33


“God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth should change and though the mountains slip into the heart of the sea; though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains quake at its swelling pride. Selah. The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our stronghold. Selah.” PSALM 46:1-3,7

He shows us and tells us all the time in our life and in his word that He has never left our side. We must seek to remain in Him, trusting in Jesus. If we focus on the outside or on our lives, we are surely seeking after the temporary.

God will never leave your side,

He has overcome the world in your life,

And he is our refuge!

2 comments:

  1. Dude that's pretty awesome. Great analogy, and verses. I needed to hear that. Keep fighting the good fight! (also I'm a Mac ;-) lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pastor was just talking about the imutability (how he never changes) of God. A great comfort it a changing world =]

    ReplyDelete

Share